We’re kicking off 2015 with some exciting news. KZN Crit Series is back! BIGGER and BETTER! Total Closed Circuit racing for all age groups. It is safe and going to be loads of fun! The KZN Series will go towards your KZN Colours (see rules below). Please help us spread the word and really help get KZN Crit racing back on everyone’s calendar.
All ages, all bikes welcome! Professional accurate timing by Finishtime, and…
There’s R10 000 prize money up for grabs at each event!
Saturday 16th May
Sunday 21st June
Sunday 26th July
Sunday 9th August
Registration from 7am. Start Times: BATCH 1 – 08h00
Dezzi Raceway, Oslo Beach, Port Shepstone. Click on the map below for further directions.
How to Enter?
1) Download a PDF entry form here
2) Fill it out the details.
3) Make payment to Cycling KZN Road, Nedbank Kloof, Acc: 1593046510, Code: 159326
4) Email or fax (0865256703) your completed Entry Form and Proof of Payment to us.
Entries will be taken on the day at a cost of R150.00 for adults and R100.00 for schools per event (+ R50.00 for your permanent number if you do not have one). Events will take place irrespective of numbers. For further information, contact Michelle or Kelvin (details below)
Rules & Regulations
- Prize Money will be issued at each event to all the age group winners. U10 to u16 (for both Boys and Girls), Juniors, U 23, Elite, 30 – 34, 35 – 39, 40 – 44, 45 – 49, 50 – 54, 55 – 59, 60 – 64, 65+ (Both Men and Women)
- All categories 1st – R 300, 2nd – R 150, 3rd – R 100.00, except u10 to u16 who will receive vouchers.
- At the KZN Awards Evening (7th November 2015, Kingsmead Cricket Stadium), overall winners in each age group will be presented with a series trophy.
- Final Lap Points will be scored as follows: 1st 10 points, 2nd 9 points, 3rd 8 points, 4th 7 points, 5th 5 points.
- Hot Spot (when you hear the bell) = 5th 1 point, 4th 2 points, 3rd 3 Points, 2nd 4 points, 1st 5 points.
- There will be grace laps for punctures and mechanicals, except on the last lap.
- Final instructions will be sent to registered riders a week before each event.
- Please ensure you are ready to start when your Batch number is called.
- Your RACE NUMBER will be used at all the SERIES events.
- Complaints Protocol – there will be a complaints form which you may collect in the event of any dispute or complaint. – Please complete and your complaint will be handled correctly.
- The SERIES will be used as a qualifier towards the Badplaas Youth Festival 2nd to 5th July 2015 – u10 to Juniors.
- The SERIES will be used for selections for the INTER PROVINCIAL 15th August 2015 – All ages.
- Closed Circuit – NO VEHICLES WHAT SO EVER WILL BE PERMITTED ON THE TRACK. We will have 2 wheel stations on the track.